speppers69's home

Welcome to my virtual home. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home. There is beer in the fridge, Dr. Pepper, too. But don’t touch the pizza, that’s my breakfast for tomorrow. Feel free to put your feet on the coffee table. The remote is mine, so don’t even think about it. Stay as long as you like, the sofa folds out. Feel free to opine, just clean up after yourself. Please turn out the lights, and lock the door when you leave. Welcome to my home. Hope you enjoy your stay. Speppers69

Monday, January 30, 2006

Dedication To The American Soldier

Admiration is too small a word,
To describe the way I feel,
For everything a soldier does,
All in the name of freedom.

What ever word I choose,
Just never seems enough,
What a soldier gives every day,
Is more than most for life.


To face the danger,
To pay the price,
Is more than just a noble sacrifice,
To bring peace and freedom,
To those who have none,
Is more than just a worthy cause.
The bravery,For how you face every day,
Is more than just an admirable trait,
You do your job,
And with the grace of God,
We pray he brings you home safe.
Back to the arms of your countrymen,
Back to your families,
We are forever grateful,
For what you do,
To give hope to millions in the world,
Without one thought for yourselves.
I give you my words,
And my eternal support,
And forever,
May God Bless You.........

3 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Blogger speppers69 said...

Thanks smilin' Roy......feel free to reproduce it and send it out to anyone you want.....

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger poet said...

excellent poem and sentiment. I'll spread the word with you......

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger speppers69 said...

You guys are making me blush......
Better watch out....I'll get used to all these compliments.....and my hair will get even bigger.....LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home